[CentOS] shell script

Chris Geldenhuis chris.gelden at iafrica.com
Sun Feb 8 14:52:32 UTC 2009

Mad Unix wrote:
> I have to run multiple  command about 20x on linux each one got his
> own output, I want to bind all the out puts of them in one file then
> read this file and mail it to user account
>
> sample
>
> [root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool SDC-STAFF
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool SDC-STAFF 62%, OK
> [root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ISO-BACKUP-POOL
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ISO-BACKUP-POOL 41%, OK
> [root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL 62%, OK
> [root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL 62%, OK
>
> I want all these out puts be bind it in one file
>
> myfile:
>
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool SDC-STAFF 62%, OK
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ISO-BACKUP-POOL 41%, OK
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL 62%, OK
> stgpool - utilization of storage pool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL 62%, OK
>
> then to read this file and send it to email address
>
> Thanks

Hi,

Do this by re-directing the output from your commands into a file like this:

[root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool SDC-STAFF > outfile

[root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ISO-BACKUP-POOL >> outfile

[root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL >>outfile

[root at imail pons]# /home/pons/tsmmonitor stgpool ORACLE-DUMP-POOL >>outfile

Note that the single ">" in the first line will create a new "outfile"
that is it will create the file if it does not exist or over-write it if
it does exist.

The double ">>" in the following commands will append the output of
those commands to the already existing "outfile".

ChrisG