[CentOS] real SATA RAID

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Sun Feb 8 18:01:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009, Pint?r Tibor wrote:
>>   Last week I had a lengthy thread in which someone indicated the my SIL
>> card is a FRAID (don't know if F stands for the F word or Fake, though
>> it doesn't really matter). I want to replace the controller with a
>> controller that Linux will see the RAID1 group as a single HD and not
>> multiple HDs as it happens with the SIL controller. Recommendations anyone?
>
>3ware, areca, adaptec

This thread brings up a question I have been meaning to ask for a
while.  I have a Supermicro box with an Adaptec AIC-8120 on a
X5DPL-TGM main board.  It is working fine with CentOS 5.something,
at least as far as basic operations.

My question is whether there is anything similar to the 3ware
3dm2 management software for this under Linux?

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Before all else, be armed.  -- Machiavelli