[CentOS] clustering and load balancing Apache

Sergej Kandyla sk.paix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:08:33 UTC 2009

Anto Marky пишет:
> Hi,
> I am new to clustering and loadbalancing in apache, What is best way
> of doing it? How do I do the clustering and what tools do I need to
> use? Do I have those tools, I use CentOS , Do i have any tools in
> CenOs which comes default in it? And how do I do apache load
> balancing? should I rely on apache forums or mailing list or is there
> any way or tool I can use in CentOS? Can any throw some vague Idea on
> how to do it so that I start reading documents before I do it?

Hi,
apache is good as backend server for dynamic applications.
You could use something like nginx, haproxy as frontend for balancing
multiple backend servers.
I'm using nginx. This light web server could serve many thousand
concurrent connections! It works great!

look at
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxLoadBalanceExample
http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/08/25/haproxy-load-balancer/lang/en/
http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/05/18/nginx-as-reverse-proxy/lang/en/
and http://highscalability.com/

Another issue is keeping content synchronizing between apache servers.
There are several solutions: NAS\SAN or programbased DRBD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRBD.