[CentOS] iptables: forwarding on internal device

John jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:36:42 UTC 2009

----
Sure it Could Happen

IF, you have 3 routers between your source and destination
machines. Your destination machine will see the MAC address of
the third-on-the-way router, not your original machine. This make sense to
you?
In other words every time a packet hits a new ip it is changed along with
the MAC.
MAC Spoofing Kinda.

But I would not think that netfilter JUST DROPS it for the heck of it.

JohnStanley