[CentOS] vsftpd virtual users

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:50:08 UTC 2009

On 11-Feb-09, at 7:05 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> dnk wrote:
>> I just need to have the option to have a "read only" account able to
>> access another users directory. There is no main directory that all
>> users work out of.
>
> Don't know how possible that could be. Remember that each user is in a
> chrooted environment, each user is confined into its own directory.
>
> Best Regards,
> - --
> Alain Reguera Delgado <al at ciget.cienfuegos.cu>

Well as far as I have made it, it is possible to share a directory by
using a "per user" config option. It is geting hte different
permissions I am having to deal with. Part of me thinks this would be
easier using a real system account so I can restrict permissions using
tools like chmod, etc. But I hate the idea of using system accounts
for FTP.