[CentOS] Logrotate base

muhammad panji sumodirjo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 04:12:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Logrotate is checked every day by cron.daily, right?
> I notice in logrotate.conf by default it's weekly.
> If I change it into monthly (now, on 12 of Feb), when will it do the
> monthly rotation?
AFAIK it is a default value to rotate the log file which could be
override by individual configuration on /etc/logrotate.d/
so if it the individual configuration doesn't specify the rotation
period it will use the default which is weekly

> a. On 12 of March or
> b. On 1st of March?
weekly use monday so I think it will be 1st of march. CMIIW
regards,

--
Muhammad Panji
http://sumodirjo.wordpress.com