[CentOS] tinydns/djbdns opinion poll

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Feb 12 20:31:18 UTC 2009

James B. Byrne wrote on Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:31:39 -0500 (EST):

> I cannot answer whether this situation is still the case, and I know
> that it was not always the case, but on the last but one update to
> bind my configuration files were all renamed to .rpmsave and there
> were no .rpmnew files created, only the default config files left in
> place of the old ones.

Hm, when I installed bind last year for providing caching and some
internal name resolution in the LAN, it didn't install many config files.
I had to make up the main files by my own. What I did to get this setup
was to install bind, bind-chroot and caching-nameserver (and remove it
later as I saw I didn't need it). After that I saw at least two updates,
but no changes to config files.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany