[CentOS] clamAV problem

Mail List mail_list at woh.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 13:35:19 UTC 2009

>> All is still not well.  Freshclam still tells me
>>
>> WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through
>> ~/tmp/clamd.socket
>>
>> Is this relative to root, or where?
>>
>>Anne

   Anne,

    First off you have to decide if you need clamd?
 If not then all you would need to do is edit freshclam.conf
and tell it not to notify clamd.

  # Send the RELOAD command to clamd.
  # Default: no
  #NotifyClamd /path/to/clamd.conf

  I'm using the non rpm version for MailScanner. but your version activates
it automatically. Also in the cron entry "/etc/cron.daily/freshclam" is --
is another entry telling freshclam to notify clamd. If you do need clamd
then you can remove your touched socket, edit clamd.conf make sure it points
to the right /tmp/clamd.socket. then..

   service clamd start

 I hope that helps.

Brian