[CentOS] Suggestion for Server Room monitoring

Ryan Nichols rnichols430 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:18:06 UTC 2009

Well, there are ALOT of options..

You got 1-wire for temperature.. thenyou use
http://www.klein.com/thermd/for the software, get a usb or serial
interface device for the sensors, then
a couple sensors..http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/main_page.php   has a
good selection..  You can put a good system together for under a 100 i would
imagine.

Then you've got the ready made systems:
http://www.itwatchdogs.com/
http://embeddeddatasystems.com/page/EDS/PROD/HA/HA7Net with
http://forums.cacti.net/about13526.html

The route I am taking is the 1-wire one, so I dont have alot of information
ont he others.. the Ha7 product is just a ethernet device for the 1-wire
interface.  It communicates to the Cacti install of the monitoring server.

Ryan