[CentOS] clamAV problem

Mail List mail_list at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 11:41:27 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> "Clamd successfully notified about the update."
>
> I hate being beaten! :-)   I simply removed the line that mentioned a local
> socket.  So simple, and so easily missed.  Yes, it probably wasn't enabled by
> default, but by misunderstanding.
>
>  Thanks to all who helped.
>
> Anne

  Anne,

   Just for the record, I just installed the base packages of clamav, clamav-db using
the rpmforge repo on a test machine. The option ...

# Send the RELOAD command to clamd.
# Default: no
NotifyClamd /etc/clamd.conf

 Is enabled by default. So you did by no means break it. That is it's expected behavior.
Also please not that in  /etc/cron.daily/freshclam you will have the same option enabled,
as follows

 /usr/bin/freshclam \
    --quiet \
    --datadir="/var/clamav" \
    --log="$LOG_FILE" \
    --log-verbose \
    --daemon-notify="/etc/clamd.conf"

  So no you did not break it. it was turned on by default.

Brian

--
http://wx.Tatorz.com

believed to be clean.