[CentOS] Lost konqueror navigation toolbars

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Feb 18 15:52:16 UTC 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> If I knew what provides these I could copy them from another
> account.  Can
> anyone help, please?  Do you know what causes a toolbar to be
> displayed?  All
> the toolbars are visible in other users' konqueror, so I don't think
> anything
> vital is lost.

i do not know where specifically in the KDE config toolbar settings
are stored.

have you made extensive customizations to your KDE desktop?  if not
(and even if you have) the easiest route for you may be something like
the following:

% cd ~
% rm -rf .kde-backup && mv .kde .kde-backup
% cp -a /etc/skel/.kde .kde

then log out and log back in, choosing the default KDE session.  KDE
should detect a brand new ~/.kde and populate it accordingly (take a
look at /usr/share/xsessions/kde.desktop if you're interested in
seeing what it's going to do).

at this point i would expect you to see a functional KDE desktop with
the default config.  you can then proceed to configure your desktop as
you see fit.  if you want to see what is different between the stock
config and your config, start with `diff -br --brief .kde .kde-backup`
and go from there.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v