[CentOS] Question about sub-domains

Bo Lynch

blynch at ameliaschools.com
Wed Feb 18 19:40:42 UTC 2009

We currently have a web server that is running apache on cent 5.2.
We are upgrading our student info system so that it allows web access and
the vendor (powerschool) is stating that this has to be a registered
domain or a sub domain and only runs on Windows Server. My question is can
you tell apache to point a subdomain to a diiferent IP address. For
example, Our domain is currently amelia.k12.va.us. If someone goes to
powerschool.amelia.k12.va.us it points to another IP other than itself?
I have no experience with sub-domains so any input would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks
--
Bo Lynch