[CentOS] Samba Permissions - Sanity check

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Feb 19 22:31:15 UTC 2009

Tim Nelson wrote on Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:54:41 -0600 (CST):

> I have a particular user who
> claims Samba has the ability to allow users to create/edit/modify
> existing files of a share but NOT delete them.

Not samba-specific. The sticky bit could help in this if I recall right.
If you regularly reown the files to root users will still be able to
create and edit, but not delete (unless in the short time until next
reown). There might also be extended ACL that could do that. And setgid
might be able to help in this mix as well.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany