[CentOS] iptables question

Spook ZA spookza at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:31:58 UTC 2009

Hi.

DNAT is what you would be wanting.  As can be seen, DNAT is processed
in the PREROUTING chain in the nat table, thus it happens before
packets hit the filter table and all you are doing is changing the
destination address.

You will still need rules in your forward chain of your filter table
(it is still forward even if the packets enter and exit the same
network card).

This rule will need to allow the original source to talk to the new destination.

Regards,
  Andrew.