[CentOS] package manager CentOS

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:04:31 UTC 2009

Raghu Narasimhan wrote:
> Thanks Marcelo. That certainly helped.
>
> Although, now I keep seeing this message:
>
> /[root at mpvmpc19 paramiko]# yum install Crypto.Util.randpool
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - ~
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> 336 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Parsing package install arguments
> /
>
> In the yum configuration file, there are may mirrors listed in a few
> files: What should the priorities be? (I wnt to make sure no packages
> are excluded. 336 is a very large number)
>
> Second: I was able to install python-paramiko. It seems to work with
> Python2.3 (Python2.3 comes as default with CentOS). I have installed
> Python 2.4.6 and need the same to work with that. Any tips?
> --
> Raghu Narasimhan
>
> raghu.united at gmail.com <mailto:raghu.united at gmail.com>
>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Marcelo M. Garcia
> <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
> <mailto:marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Raghu Narasimhan wrote:
>      > Hi folks,
>      >
>      > I have some doubts with regards a Python module called paramiko
>     (used to
>      > automate ssh related stuff)
>      >
>      > 1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4
>      >
>      > 2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on
>     CentOS 4?
>      > I have tried all possible ones without success.
>      >
>      >         yum install paramiko
>      >         yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
>      >         python-paramiko.noarch
>      >
>      > /[rUSER at HOST]# yum search paramiko
>      > Searching Packages:
>      > Setting up repositories
>      > extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
>        00:00
>      > update                    100% |=========================|  951 B
>        00:00
>      > base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
>        00:00
>      > addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
>        00:00
>      > Reading repository metadata in from local files
>      > 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
>      > No Matches found
>      > /
>      >
>      > Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never
>      > ending : starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am
>     unable
>      > to find; which will no doubt lead to other dependencies.
>      >
> [...]
Hi

To be honest, I had never seen this messages before. I'm not familiar
with CentOS 4, but seems that something is wrong.

About the python version. I would say that depends on how did you
installed it. If you installed python from sources, then I think you
have to build paramiko also. But I'm not sure.

Regards

M.