[CentOS] Need to test serial port connection

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Feb 26 21:49:29 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:

> The docs that come with nut say that you can use either serial or usb.

I certainly could be wrong but I would not expect the USB driver
to work over a serial port. Though the serial driver could work
over a USB->serial adapter as in my case, since the USB stuff
is totally abstracted by the dongle.

So if your using the serial port try to use a driver that is
not specifically targeted at usb use.

I didn't notice any other drivers for your UPS other than the
USB one, you should try the usb port on the thing, and see
what happens(run NUT as root if you can't get it working to
see if that helps, need to change the init script to do it).

nate