[CentOS] simple if statement

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 15:09:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 15:42 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Kevin Krieser wrote:
> > You don't really need to prepend the x if the $remaining is in quotes,
> > do you?  If you didn't use quotes, then you could end up with a error
> > if $remaining isn't set.
>
> Probably. It's just something I'm used to do :)

It could be considered "good style" because it establishes a "habit"
that covers for occassional "brain farts". Also helps n00bs avoid delays
for debugging when they jump in and start coding under pressure.

The downside risk is that habit might bite one when they do do something
like "-n" and forget to remove the "x".

<*sigh*> Habitual humons have hard hits however hard they try.

--
Bill