[CentOS] nightly rsync has started to throw errors

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 16:13:54 UTC 2009

From: Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net>
> rsync: mkstemp
> "/media/bkup320G/cprcvs/c/Projects/WindowApps/DLL/HMRControlDLL/.CMDSettingsDialog.cpp,v.I5QnaM"
> failed: Read-only file system (30)
> rsync: failed to set times on
> "/media/bkup320G/cprcvs/c/Projects/WindowApps/DLL/PSIControlDLL":
> Read-only file system (30)

Hum... since it works for other files....
Maybe a write protected directory on the backup disk that prevents rsync to create a temp file, change the date or delete a file...
Login as the "rsync user" and try to:
  touch /media/bkup320G/cprcvs/c/Projects/WindowApps/DLL/HMRControlDLL/rsync.test
Then try to delete it...

JD