[CentOS] Need to test serial port connection

Fri Feb 27 09:35:39 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Thursday 26 February 2009 20:45, Craig White wrote:
> make sure that you've stopped any services and removed any apc software
> that might claim the port and lock anything else out.

Yes, I uninstalled apcupsd.  I checked system-config-services and made sure
that I knew what everything is.  I've rebooted a couple of times to check
BIOS settings, so there should be nothing left over.

> I would probably use nut if at all possible.

Nut is what I've been trying to work with for the last week, but no success so
far.  I'll spend a little more time with that this morning, but if I get no
further I will try the supplied software (after I've browsed the manual to
see whether I can spot any snags).

Anne