[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Sat Feb 28 00:39:58 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>I've got the package below installed now. Is that the right one?

No

>Running Transaction
>  Installing: perl-UPS-Nut                 ######################### [1/1]
>Installed: perl-UPS-Nut.noarch 0:0.04-1.el5.rf
>Complete!

Slow down a bit son, anything with a "Perl-" in the front is, well, a perl
module:)

You should have done a yum info first.

# yum info perl-UPS-Nut.noarch
Name   : perl-UPS-Nut
Arch   : noarch
Version: 0.04
Release: 1.el5.rf
Size   : 24 k
Repo   : rpmforge
perl-UPS-Nut is a Perl module to talk to a UPS via NUT (Network UPS Tools) upsd.

This package contains the following Perl module:

    UPS::Nut

Looks like rpmfind doesn't show any for RHEL :/ You might have to roll your own.
Let's try and get Apcupsd working first, your config was wrong to start so its worth
trying again.

jlc