[CentOS] Checking fan state

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 5 18:40:57 UTC 2009

I just replaced my fan in my nc2400.  It was a 5hour job.  Had to pull
EVERYTHING to get to where they have the fan in the thing.

Now I want to know if it is working.  It is suppose to be
thermostatically controlled, and it takes time to heat up.

So how can I find out what Centos knows about the system temp and fan state?

It was hard to tell if I put the connector in the right way.  At least
if that is all I did wrong, I can get to that connector with only
pulling the drive....