[CentOS] totem-xine

A. Kirillov nevis2us at infoline.su
Wed Jan 7 12:58:57 UTC 2009

> >> For video - I use the totem plugin with xine backend totem. I
> >> compiled
> >> my own but I suspect that rpmforge has it. I found gstreamer backend
> >> totem to be most unsatisfactory.
> >
> > Could you please share some details on
> > how to get totem-xine running on CentOS?
> >
> > I believe this could be interesting to a number of people
> > on the list, not just me.
> >
> > Awhile ago I've tried to rebuild fc6 totem-xine in mock
> > but stopped short due to a large number of dependencies
> > as I wasn't sure of the result.
>
> Also, I suggest you follow the steps on this URL, for multimedia in CentOS.
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS>

Thanks Lanny,

That's what I'm using but
totem-xine was my favorite on fc6 and hangs around
in my CentOS TODO list ever since. It's better integrated
into Gnome desktop I'm using and it does support dvd menus.
Now that I know Michael could successfully build totem-xine
from livna packages I'll give it another try.

Sasha