[CentOS] How to select a block in gnome-terminal or in vim

Xiaobo Zhu

xiaobo at zhu.net
Thu Jan 8 01:57:51 UTC 2009

Hi,
When I connect to a Cisco router and issue the show ip interface command,
the output is similar as follows:

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
Protocol
Ethernet0/0               192.168.12.1      YES NVRAM  up
up
Serial0/0                  unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down
down
Ethernet0/1               unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down
down
Loopback0               1.1.1.1            YES NVRAM  up
up

Will anyone please tell me how to select text in block instead of line,  so
that I can get the IP address on all interface, in gnome-terminal as well as
in vim.
Many thanks!

Xiaobo