[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Jan 8 16:31:10 UTC 2009

> > We have running at the moment eGroupWare, but we plan to migrate to SOGo
> > (http://sogo.opengroupware.org) in the next two months (we had some annoying
> > problems with eGW in the past). It has a really cool Webfrontend (looks like
> > Thunderbird with Lightning) and has a really functional CalDAV-Interface which
> > integrates perfectly into Thunderbird/Lightning.
> > On the Website is a really good Install-Howto and it has even a yum repo.
> Slightly OT, but just wondering if you are planning on running openLDAP
> on the SOGo Opengroupware installation, or whether or not you have an
> external LDAP server (CentOS DS or RHEL DS) that you are planning on using?
> Any experiences or gotchas that you have already encountered that might
> be useful?
> My company is planning on implementing either FDS or CentOS DS as an
> LDAP server, and I read the docs for SOGo, and they are using openLDAP
> on the same machine.

I develop on OpenGroupware, not SOGo, but both use SOPE's LDAP
library/bindings.  If the DSA supports LDAPv3 binds you shouldn't have
any problems using it.

I'd recommend OpenLDAP any day, as it is far-and-away the faster and
more feature-reach DSA.  But I very much doubt it matters in regards to
SOGo.