[CentOS] Update to Centos 5 anaconda kickstart %post bug?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 8 22:33:11 UTC 2009

on 1-8-2009 1:28 PM Warren, Eucke spake the following:
> Is there a process for finding status updates to open bugs within
> Centos?  The particular bug I am talking about is 0002329
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2329.  This was assigned on
> 01-20-2008 and, as far as I can tell, there's been no action other than
> it being acknowledged.  I've also searched upstream with RHEL and FC and
> I cannot seem to find a bug report there though complaints of the
> problem can be found through searching the web.
>
> I do see the manual fix for it and will be testing that shortly.  I am,
> however, dealing with a fairly rigid internal legal department that may
> not welcome a "fix" that's not "official".  So I have two questions:
>
> 1) Is there an "official" or "accepted" way to inquire about the status
> of an open bug?
> 2) With regard to bug 0002329 is this something that has to be fixed
> upstream so it filters down to centos?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Eucke
The bug page gives you the status. It was assigned (to Karanbir), and he
ack'ed it. If it was fixed, it would be resolved. It shouldn't be that hard to
apply the fix manually and your legal department is too rigid if they are that
picky about a fix to "free" software. I can see if they were paying contract
support on it.

If Karanbir thinks it merits an upstream bug report, I'm almost sure he might
do that, if the original bug poster doesn't. It "might" be fixed by the time
5.3 comes out, but do you want to wait?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and