[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Bazooka Joe fastfish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:21:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net> wrote:
> René Standfest wrote:
>
>> We have running at the moment eGroupWare, but we plan to migrate to SOGo
>> (http://sogo.opengroupware.org) in the next two months (we had some annoying
>> problems with eGW in the past). It has a really cool Webfrontend (looks like
>> Thunderbird with Lightning) and has a really functional CalDAV-Interface which
>> integrates perfectly into Thunderbird/Lightning.
>> On the Website is a really good Install-Howto and it has even a yum repo.
>
> Thank you for mentioning sogo. I took a look at this project today, and
> will be adding it to the list of packages I'm testing. When researching
> groupware packages before, this project didn't turn up, but am glad you
> brought it up here. It looks promising and worth a look!

I opted for Kolab http://www.kolab.org/ over Zimbra.  You can have
unlimited users in Kolab.  My users wanted to use outlook as the
client - Zimbra charges quite a bit for that feature.  With Kolab you
buy a $10 outlook connector for each computer. Most other mail clients
are free to use with Kolab.

No package for cent but that is a good thing.  It compiles everything
it needs using openpkg. I have installed it on cent several times
while testing.  Just about to take my first installation live.

-bazooka