[CentOS] sa-compile on CentOS 4 SMP.

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Jan 10 03:00:31 UTC 2009

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Alle,
>
> 	When we run sa-compile on a CentOS 4 distro (old hardware, Dual Celeron
> SMP), gcc only uses one CPU when compiling. Is there any way to use both
> processors, or is this a question for the SA list?

I think it's a question for the SA list, though doing some searches
I don't see any indication that sa-compile is capable of using more
than 1 cpu at a time. The code that's compiling has to be coded in
a way that makes it safe to build it in parallel. And last I checked
at least gcc by itself only used 1 CPU, you use multiple cpus by
splitting the workload up and running multiple gccs, typically
with make files and "make -j #".

nate