[CentOS] After BIND update owner changed and restart failed

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Jan 11 16:31:18 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:10:54 +0100:

> The files under there belong to root:named and are 644 (except rndc.conf
> which is 640). No file there belongs to named:named. named.acl isn't shipped
> with bind.

I had named.conf with root.root (and it was working). That got changed by the
update to root.named. Which apparently is the correct ownership according to
you and it still works. When I installed bind just a few weeks ago I had to
create all the files manually as there were none. So, that's why that file was
root.root.

I didn't notice that before but I see that there are a lot of errors already
before the update:

Jan 11 16:38:00 chacha named[11307]: client 192.168.1.228#1994: view internal:
update 'bolera.lan/IN' denied

I don't need updates (and I think clients are not configured to try to update).
Can you tell me how I can fix this? (If I wanted to allow updates and if I
wanted to have this functionality not available at all.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany