[CentOS] non-restraint; was: CentOS 4 update backlog

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Mon Jan 12 19:32:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Vandaman wrote:

> There are security updates upstream for CentOS (4 and 5)
> and it looks like the CentOS 5 ones have been rebuilt
> and rolled out. How come the CentOS 4 branch lags behind,
> or are the CentOS 5 devs different from the CentOS 4 devs?

> If more volunteers are needed I'm sure assistance could
> be offered by the CentOS community.

'Vandaman' --

participant.  A non-enumerated list is worse than useless, as
it falsely causes concern.  So near as I can tell (and I read
ALL bug filings, centdor-sec, and a daily custom locally
produced report of all upstream produced updates), you do NOT
file bugs in the bug tracker to make formal your concern.
You talk, just to make noise.

Some updates in question just showed up today.  A couple on
the 8th
 	https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-0020.html
 	https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-0001.html
and a clutch on the 7th

Just WHAT do you have in mind?

How about you NOT overstep your role? -- Your self-appointed
presence as monitor in this list, and of the project are
tiresome, not official, and frankly not helpful.  You hide
behind a throwaway email provider.

How about just NOT popping off with whatever little thought
wanders into your head for two days running?

-- Russ herrold