[CentOS] CENTOS 4.7 or 5.2 32 bits O.S. for ORACLE DB server??

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Jan 17 03:06:57 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, nate wrote:
>
>> I would not use CentOS at all if for anything else than Oracle
>> won't support it. Oracle linux is a clone of RHEL and I believe
>> is pretty cheap, otherwise RHEL 5 Advanced.
>
> ummm .. a recent UBL was a rebuild of CentOS SRPMs

Doesn't matter if even the RPMS are exactly the same, at least to
me. Use something the vendor will support for a product that costs
as much as Oracle does, especially if the additional costs are
minimal.

Unless Oracle supports CentOS these days, it's been about a year
since I used Oracle.

Did a bunch of searches and couldn't find the list of supported
linux versions and patch levels.

nate