[CentOS] ypserv errors

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Sat Jan 17 16:50:05 UTC 2009

Mag Gam wrote:
> In my syslog I get many of these types of errors:
> ypserv [4818]: refused connect from 127.0.0.1:57124 to procedure
> ypproc_match [domain.com,passwd.adjunct.byname;-1)
>
> Any idea what this error is?

Something running on your ypserver is trying to match an entry in the
passwd.adjunct map from the ypserver - which doesn't exist

I believe the passwd.adjunct file is used for shadow passwords (on
Solaris?).

I doubt it is a major issue as whatever is requesting this map is
probably just seeing if it exists - and probably falling back to using
the passwd.byname map.

James Pearson