[CentOS] CentOS failover cluster

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Tue Jan 20 22:12:24 UTC 2009

On 17/01/2009, at 9:46 AM, John R Pierce wrote:

> Giuseppe Fuggiano wrote:
>> What should I use to configure a failover cluster under CentOS?  Is
>> there Red Hat Cluster Suite or something like that?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>

> in general, 'heartbeat'.     RHCS (Red Hat Cluster Service) is some
> wrappers around heartbeat, and rather a finicky control panel for it
> all.

It's RedHat Cluster Suite, not Service, and it's not wrappers around
heartbeat.

In answer to Guiseppe's question, the RedHat Cluster Suite is
available as part of CentOS and works great. Whether RHCS will help
you or not, I cannot say due the fairly vague description of your
requirements.

	http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Cluster_Suite_Overview/
	http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Cluster_Administration/

Regards,