[CentOS] SquirrelMail Oddity SSL error

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Jan 20 22:55:11 UTC 2009

I have two users only under one virtual domain which after sending an
email are returned to a screen which says:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to replacedrealdomainnamehere.org:80.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

    * Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

First, this seems to be happening only with two users under one domain
on the server. SSL for SquirrelMail is not enabled. I can't find a thing
unique to these two users which would cause this error. I can't find
anything in the logs to help.

Has anybody else seen anything like this and perhaps have a cure?

John Hinton