[CentOS] combining kickstart and DVD on a USB thumbdrive

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jan 21 03:05:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to find information on taking a DVD of centos 5.2 x86_64
and putting it AND my kickstart file on a USB8G thumbdrive.

Note -  I am not INSTALLING  linux on the USB disk just trying to make
installation media for it. I am not taking just the bootdisk.img file to
make the USB
bootable but the entire DVD content on the USB and my kickstart files.

I'd like to just be able to plug in a USB disk that I have made
that has all the kickstart information and the machine is just setup
based on WHICHEVER usb thumbdrive in place in the machine.

Is there something out there that explains this that I have not found?

Thanks for any pointers.

Jerry