[CentOS] More than 2TB RAID...

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Jan 27 14:55:04 UTC 2009

John Doe wrote:
> The best solution would be to be able somehow to run the avanced RAID utility...
> For that, I need a running OS where I could install it.

They don't have a bootable CD image with the tools? I am only familiar
with the IBM ServeRAID adapters where you have such a tool.

Another option is of course to create a number of 2TB partitions and
create a VG with all of them as PVs. Of course, you would need 6
partitions for this, but once you have them addded to a VG it is pretty
seamless.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: morten.torstensen at gmail.com

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer
Poland.
	-- Woody Allen