[CentOS] ftp and iptables

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:45:25 UTC 2009

Robert Spangler wrote:
> Do you have a rule like this:
>
> -A OUTPUT --m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

No I don't.

It doesn't work under CentOS 5.2. But it works on my laptop
which is running Fedora 9.
> If not you should place this in your rules.  This rule eleminates the need to
> continuesly add rules to allow out going connection for allowed incoming
> connection.
>
> If you do then you should not need the OUTPUT rules you listed above.

Thanks for the reply!

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."