[CentOS] More than 2TB RAID...

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jan 28 12:40:33 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Jake wrote:
> I came across this article you may find useful:
> http://www.unixgods.org/~tilo/linux_larger_2TB.html
>
> I should say that I STRONGLY recommend not creating ext3 file systems in
> the 2TB+ range

I consider that FUD. We have many ext3 filesystems >2T and the run ok. Sure we
do disable automatic fsck on reboot but we schedule a manual fsck when we get
the opportunity. IMHO automatic fsck on reboot after, say, 30 boots is a pure
desktop/laptop thing. When you have servers that stay up you'll have to plan
for fsck anyway.

As Joshua wrote, there is no filesystem more supported and tried on CentOS...

/Peter