[CentOS] hdc: no DRQ after issuing MULTWRITE

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 28 18:30:07 UTC 2009

I have 3 OQOs with Centos and I frequently get the following error messages:

Jan 28 13:18:07 oqo3 kernel: hdc: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Jan 28 13:18:07 oqo3 kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Jan 28 13:18:07 oqo3 kernel: hdc: no DRQ after issuing MULTWRITE
Jan 28 13:18:07 oqo3 kernel: ide1: reset: success

I have Fedora 10 on a fourth unit and it NEVER gets this message.  I
should point out that originally I had Centos on this unit as well and
it got these errors, so this seems to be something that Centos is having
problems with that has been 'fixed' by FC10.

Any idea what can be done?  They seem to be more nuance that not, but if
I am in init 3 mode and in VI and get one of these messages in the
middle of editing some file, well, I typically :q! out and start over.....