[CentOS] Political Spam sent through several CentOS mailing lists

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Thu Jan 29 01:17:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:07:44 -0800
>Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:
>

>> Some spam is going to get through to a mailing list regardless of
>> the anti-spam measures taken (I have accidentally approved spam
>> that was forwarded to me for moderation).  The only thing is to
>> remember the short version of the Serenity Prayer -- ``sh*t
>> happens''.
>
>Or you can use my newly patented device:
>
>Press the Delete key

Actually I press the ``S'' key which is a mutt macro that
saves the message in a Maildir folder which is then send
to the Spamassassin sa-learn program to update my bayesian
filters.  I get lots of spam to my totally unfiltered role
folders for mail to support, postmaster, and abuse, all of which
goes to feed sa-learn.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

People who relieve others of their money with guns are called robbers. It
does not alter the immorality of the act when the income transfer is
carried out by government.