[CentOS] Port Forwarding

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:10:41 UTC 2009

Well after running into more issues with the connections, we wound up
putting a third network card in the main server. They thought this a
better solution rather than forwarding the packets.

So now my issue is I have 3 nics.

eth0 - 10.10.10.1/255.255.255.0
eth1 - x.x.x.x/255.255.255.252 - Public Internet connection.
eth2 - y.y.y.y/255.255.255.252 - Private Connection.

Someone asked if we were encrypting. Yes, I have a cert in the server
that is working. They can't talk to my server unless the cert shows
up. This is the way they set their communication channels up.

The problem I think I am now having is that there is a long pause when
I try to ssh into the box. I remember something about this from long
ago, and thought it was just that the DNS wasn't pointed to 10.10.10.1
as the primary server on my box, but checked this and it is.

I also seem to have trouble connecting to machine from y.y.y.y when
the default gateway is set to be eth1's gateway. Do I need 2 gateways
listed? I only have the one which is my public one and the one I want
as default.

This is starting to look like I need an advanced routing course to be
able to get this to work properly. Does anyone have any
recommendations on how to set this up properly with the 2 outbound
interfaces?

Thanks for the replies thus far. They have been helpful.

--
-=/>Thom