[CentOS] Yum update conflicts perl-Math-BigInt

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 30 21:36:57 UTC 2009

on 1-30-2009 1:13 PM Dan Carl spake the following:
> I followed the Wiki instructions for setting up *yum-priorities*.
> I added the rpmforge repo
> I installed clamd without a problem.
> Now when I go to update I get conflicts with perl-Math-BigInt.
>
> Is the only solution to uninstall the base version and then install the
> rpmforge version?
>
> According the the wiki
> "Packages from repositories with a lower priority will never be used to
> upgrade packages that were installed from a repository
> with a higher priority."
> If this true why the conflicts? please advise
> Thanks
> Dan
Sometimes you will get conflicts if the new package doesn't have a
corresponding base package but was built into the base's monolithic rpm. I
don't think base has a separate package for that module, but has it as part of
the base perl rpm.

If you really need the newer version you might have to --force it. Or you can
see if the version in base perl is OK for your needs.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and