[CentOS] Internet problem

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 18:58:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:29 AM,  <kmadananteshwar.vbhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks !
> I am facing the following problems with internet on my acer aspire 2920 laptop running
> centos 5.2 ; whenever I launch mozilla firefox 3 beta 5 it takes at least one and a half hours

Run a ping to some nearby well-known IP, such as your router, and look
for lost and duplicated packets, which could indicate a problem with
your network drivers (are you using wireless?).  Also check that your
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts are correct, there has in the past
been an obscure problem that causes the whole X window system to
perform poorly when it's unable to resolve an IP address for the local
host name.