[CentOS] Port Forwarding

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:25:48 UTC 2009

-----
At one facility I work at we have two Exchange servers. One of them is on
site and the other is remote hosted.
On site mail server accepts ssl and authenticated connections from subnet A
and B (two separate facilities). Actually subnet B is wireless then forwards
smtp to remote server. Both servers sync with smtp and POP3. Basically the
onsite server is a exchange archive server.

Your better off setting up another sendmail server for fowarding and
connection handling than going through you Elbow to get to your A$$ if you
get what I mean. I tried that route your trying to do.

The reason why they give you only info on Exchange is because it is more
reconized in healthcare settings than an open source mail server. Novell
would be next up on the list. "OpenVistA" is the only known Open Source
server application that is widely accepted in the health care community and
that you can have "Certified".

JohnStanley