[CentOS] CENTOS 4.7 or 5.2 32 bits O.S. for ORACLE DB server??

Mon Jan 19 12:06:56 UTC 2009
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Not true.  The comparison of PAE to EMS/XMS is completely bogus, the
> technologies aren't alike at all.  PAE does *NOT* involve any bank
> switching; a system using PAE can "address that 16 GB all at once".
> Comparing PAE to EMS/XMS has the same level of validity as comparing
> a .NET or Java virtual machine to a shell script interpreter.

You need a memory window in the 32bit address area to map >4GB memory to
the process. It is all about the page tables and remapping, that is
true, but you can not just like that address the 16GB (or up to 64GB)
memory all at once.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: morten.torstensen at gmail.com

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer
Poland.
	-- Woody Allen