[CentOS] [OT] Batch Job Scheduler/Manager

Mauriat Miranda mirandam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:09:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Joseph L.
Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I have pretty loose requirements at this point, but I am looking for a
>>tool (or set of tools) where I can automate and control a large group
>>of tasks by a basic web front end.
>
> Webmin?

Webmin can do basic cron and process management, but it looks like I
would have to find (or develop) a module to do what I want.

>>Then possibly react or setup
>>alternate jobs if they passed or failed, etc. - some basic logic.
>
> So the gui should have logic?

If 1 process fails, another can launch or some means to have alternate
set of tasks, scripts.  The gui need not have "logic", but it would be
nice if I can control paths, instead of having to make more complex
scripts. ... Or that's what I envision.

> Maybe phpRecEvent...

It looks like that is for recreational events.

-Mauriat