[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 1 16:45:19 UTC 2009

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

>> :)
>>
>>> Nope, because I've built it *for myself*,
>>> i.e. in my repo.
>>>
>> And was your patch rejected from the places you are
>> complaining about?
>>

> There. Is. No. Question. About. Any. Patch.
>
> When you build audacious from SPEC + tarball, it spits out
> audacious + audacious_plugins, both as RPMs and as SRPMs
> (actually, it spits around 15 plugins RPMs).
>
> RPMforge misses the plugins, that's all. Probably just
> triggering a rebuild would fix it all.
>
> Instead of talking for ages about patches, what builds and
> what doesn't, and why "better services" would need pay etc.
> maybe someone (Dag?) could have triggered the rebuild of
> audacious for 100 times in the meantime.
>
> Truly yours,
> R-C

Looking at this from yet another angle, I believe that YOU are the only
person on this list who has expressed an interest in "audacious"
(whatever it is & does) for CentOS during these several days of rant.
By some weird coincidence, you purport to have a working version.  Bully
for you! You allegedly have what you want. Most list members here seem
to have what they want. I absolutely, definitely, positively, most
assuredly have what I want and am free of the crap that I don't want,
which would include "audacious". **And any half-baked, half-tested L&G
package.**
With so much contentment floating around, it surely makes you look like
a 33rd Degree Horse's Ass to continue ranting about the damn thing, in
the process, greatly diminishing any stature that has accumulated here
deriving from your technical achievements.