[CentOS] OT: Linux WYSIWYG HTML Editors

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Thu Jul 2 21:17:14 UTC 2009

On 7/2/09 1:19 PM, "Filipe Brandenburger" <filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lanny,

>> Gary: The KompoZer web site says the .8 alpha4 version is much more
>> stable on Linux than the current version,
>
> Actually they say the 0.8 branch (not specifically alpha4 version) is
> more stable than the 0.7 branch.
>
>> but I don't see an SRPM available.
>
> Indeed there is none for 0.8a4, but there is one for 0.8a3:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kompozer/files/kompozer/kompozer-0.8a3-fc10-sr
> c.rpm
>
> See all files here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kompozer/files/
>
> OTOH, I believe building this from source might become very tricky,
> since it is based on Mozilla code I can only guess the nightmare of
> dependencies to get it done...

Speaking as a person who has built Firefox on my own before, the only hard
part about building Mozilla is the balancing act between the required
versions of gecko-sdk and cairo. Overall, I've had zero problems building it
once I sorted out the exact releases it wants (this is why when on a newer
distribution, I normally have two versions of cairo, gecko-sdk, and pango;
the one the distro ships, and the one that older apps need).

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations