[CentOS] Update Issue

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:46:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM, MHR<mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Ron Blizzard<rb4centos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I should also mention that I added (a few days ago) the M Harris
>> repository so that I could install Firefox 3.5.
>>

> I ran an update for my rpmforge stuff this morning and saw the same
> thing.  Anyone here have a clue?  I'm gonna ask on the rpmforge list,
> too.

A few days ago, I think someone mentioned that they were doing
something at RPMForge. I'm guessing this is part of it -- this is is
an old Pentium III that I've got CentOS 4.7 on, and I tried to do an
update (haven't turned it on in a couple months) and got the following
errors.

Error: Missing Dependency: libdirectfb-1.0.so.0 is needed by package vlc
Error: Missing Dependency: libfusion-1.0.so.0 is needed by package vlc
Error: Missing Dependency: glibc >= 2.4 is needed by package flash-plugin
Error: Missing Dependency: libdirect-1.0.so.0 is needed by package vlc
Error: Missing Dependency: libx264.so.55 is needed by package vlc

So, I'll wait a day or two and try again.

Thanks for letting me know it wasn't just me.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 4.7