[CentOS] CPU utils almost 100%-- solved---but still a query

fabian fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Tue Jul 14 17:53:06 UTC 2009

> fabian wrote:
>
>> apprecite some help n advice how to get reid of this directory
>
> Is /var/ on a separate file system? It sounds like there is just
> a massive amount of files there, if /var is split out then you
> can move all other data off of /var and reformat it, and copy the
> data back.
>
> Otherwise perhaps just run rm -rf havp and wait till it finishes,
> maybe take a few minutes, hours, or days.
>
> Do you know what havp is? I'd suggest finding it's configuration
> and fixing it so it doesn't create so many files.
>
> nate

Thanks nate for ur immediate reply

really apprecite

by the way i had tried to rm -rf havp but it was jus takin a real long time
actually the var partition is on different file system
but the partition also servers as a data for our ftp server

i will try to move the data

but was jus wondering if somethin easier could be there to solve it

as of now after disabling the cron script the systems being workin fine
for almost a week with no problems

but have to find the solulation for the problem

regards

fabian

> --
> believed to be clean.