[CentOS] can't upgrade form 4.6 to 4.7

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:46:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:06, Roberto Pereyra<pereyra.roberto at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, I not have any proxy and wget works:

I suggest you try using a FTP mirror, you can find one here:
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30

Then edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo, comment out the
"mirrorlist" lines, uncomment the "baseurl" lines and change the URL
from http://mirror.centos.org/ to ftp://... using the mirror you
choose. Then run "yum clean all" and "yum update" again. If the issue
is indeed an HTTP proxy, using FTP might work for you.

You can also use the command line they suggest in the Yum FAQ to find
out if you have proxies. Using your mirror that would be:
echo -e "TRACE / HTTP/1.1\nHost: mirror.centos-br.org\n\n" | nc
mirror.centos-br.org 80

Actually, my suggestion to use "wget" was a little misguided, as the
issue here seems to be that "yum" uses HTTP/1.1 and some advanced
features of the protocol, so the fact that "wget" works doesn't
necessarily means all is well...

HTH,
Filipe